As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Sounds Analog to Me (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Sounds Analog to Me
Chain Chomp
Re:Sounds Analog to Me 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Awesome! If it can do 4 voice chords and resample them to free up the voices, i'll sell my tempest for it!
  The topic has been locked.
Amanita wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:
So how exactly does one become a beta tester anyway

well if the OT development is anything to go by - you just buy one.......

sorry....
Lololol
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
So is it likely to do analog percussion too do we think? To go head to head with tempest for instance.... Analogue brother to the MD too as most people seem to think more MNM.

I hope so
Game & Watch
now that this thing is ready is time to elektron to go back to the OT and add the classic 1-kit-per-pattern functionality instead of the annoying parts...

and I hope they learned the lesson about the parts shit in the A4´s organization...we want MnM-style interface coupled with the different track lenghts of the OT!
Only being an OT owner I have to say that I'd support that change to the architecture.
Game & Watch
anselmi wrote:
Kit Philips wrote:
I just want to know how they'll differentiate this from the Prophet 08 (more voices, similar cost) or the Tetra coupled to the Octatrack...

for me the biggest difference is that this thing sounds good

and that it does ... well the first four note chord didn't quite get there, but what came after .. whoa! awesome!

sounds pretty semi-modular to me ...

both synth and percussion would seem to be on the list.

sampling duties would most likely be left to the realm of the Octatrack.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
I'm glad I got screwed on my attempted purchase of another 4-voice analog synth recently - this is great news and will definitely be awesome.
Cappy
anselmi wrote:
now that this thing is ready is time to elektron to go back to the OT and add the classic 1-kit-per-pattern functionality instead of the annoying parts...

and I hope they learned the lesson about the parts shit in the A4´s organization...we want MnM-style interface coupled with the different track lenghts of the OT!

indeed. parts are a horrible idea.
mc202.com wrote:

without parts, you would not be able to assign 8 new sample slots to your tracks.

you also would not be able to change effect assignments on the fly.

you also would not be able to randomly assign a new part to an existing sequence and have fun experimenting.

and so on.

You think they're a horrible idea, I think they make perfect sense.

As much as I value everyone's opinion, and believe they have the absolute right to voice their opinion, I would not want Elektron to think that we ALL think parts are bad.

I am very happy with parts, understand the incredible flexibility that they bring, do not need more parts per bank, and use them for multiple purposes.

Cheers

Edit : this part thing is derailing an otherwise entertaining thread. I apologize for taking part (no pun intended) in the debate, and shall get back to topic now !
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
SecretMusic wrote:
mc202.com wrote:

without parts, you would not be able to assign 8 new sample slots to your tracks.

you also would not be able to change effect assignments on the fly.

you also would not be able to randomly assign a new part to an existing sequence and have fun experimenting.

and so on.

You think they're a horrible idea, I think they make perfect sense.

As much as I value everyone's opinion, and believe they have the absolute right to voice their opinion, I would not want Elektron to think that we ALL think parts are bad.

I am very happy with parts, understand the incredible flexibility that they bring, do not need more parts per bank, and use them for multiple purposes.

Cheers

Edit : this part thing is derailing an otherwise entertaining thread. I apologize for taking part (no pun intended) in the debate, and shall get back to topic now !

Small continuation of the derailment, and then back on track: one-part (AKA kit) per pattern would still let you do all that, and improve the workflow for everyone who's complaining. I understand though, that there may not be enough resources for 16 parts per bank...so be it.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Go to top Post Reply